Never rush learning to drive in the UK!
So, you need to learn how to drive a car in the UK. One of the first & foremost driving lessons is that you should try to gain driving knowledge in a relatively less stressful & slower way rather than rush learning to drive.
Like the majority of driving learners, it is advisable to join the classic method of weekly driving lessons.
In order to meet the driving test criteria, it may take you around 3 months depending on your capability and driving passion. The more time you can manage, the less duration you will take in becoming adept in driving so that you can pass the driving test to achieve the UK driver’s license.
Acquiring a driver’s license in the UK is not an overnight process
Before you are allowed to drive your car on the UK roads & become part of the driving venture consisting of over 50 million drivers, you must first get your driver’s license. In fact, you need to have a lot of patience, keeping aside your passion (for a while) to come on the road within a few days.
In addition, you are not supposed to feel overwhelmed – you need to make up your mind that you are going to get involved in a rather lengthy process of acquiring your driver’s license.
In a nutshell, you have to go through the following 7 important steps, and every step will take its due time:
- Submit your application to get your provisional driver’s license
- Learn driving lessons from an experienced instructor near you
- Have your driving lessons regularly in order to keep the important points fresh in your mind
- Practice your theory test
- Take your theory test
- Continue to practice your practical driving lessons until you are fully adept
- Take your practical test, pass it, acquire your driver’s lesson, & enjoy driving in the UK
Important instruction before you start learning to drive
- It is compulsory to acquire a provisional license before you start getting your driving lessons
- In order to apply online for a valid provisional license, please visit https://www.gov.uk.
- Make sure that you are not under 17 years of age otherwise your application will not be entertained.
- You must pass the two parts of the driving test before you are legally allowed to drive in the UK.
- Theory-based driving test
Practical driving test